THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 2, 2010

Bob Kramer Knives

As an actor at Renaissance Faires, I've seen my share of smithys and forges. I've always been impressed by the patience and skill required to produce anything with little more than fire and a hammer. To produce a working blade is an amazing feat in and of itself. Bob Kramer is a Master of such feats.



Mr. Kramer is accessible online via his website, which also showcases some of his work and collaborations: Bob Kramer Knives

While my own tastes and research disincline me from wanting a Damascus blade for culinary work, I would not be opposed to commissioning a razor of that steel, as the constant honing would likely mitigate the unique serrating properties of Damascus steel it wears.

Mr. Kramer is not currently accepting orders, but you can add yourself to his mailing list to be informed of when his schedule opens up. I would also recommend doing a little reading yourself on the properties of blades and steel, since it is always adviseable to have some cursory knowledge of most things, and especially those thing in which we invest or choose to associate or immerse ourselves, and it is fascinating reading anyhow.

0 comments: